Isn't it gorgeous! There are only a few simple steps/ rules that I have to do, so let's get started.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (I think I've thanked her, like, fifty times, but if that's not enough, THANK YOU, SARAH!!!)
- Answer the 11 questions they asked about you.
- List 11 RANDOM facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
- Ask the bloggers you nominated 11 questions.
- Let the people you nominated know that you have been an awesome human to them.
Let's get this party started!
Sarah's Questions for Moi:
- How many books do you currently have in your possession? I own 113 physical books, but if you include eBooks, I own 148 books.
- What was you best reading experience or best book that you've ever read? I don't like to say favorite books and stuff like that, but the best reading experience I ever had would be while I read the Fault In Our Stars. I really wanted to read the book when it came out, but I didn't have money (still don't) to buy it and soon the movie was coming out. I was telling this to one of my wonderful friends and she let me borrow the book from her. I read it in one day, which is rare for me. I laughed, almost cried, and my family thought I went crazy.
- Has a book ever had a life changing effect on you? Not really. I mean, the answer everyone says is the Fault in Our Stars, and yeah, that gave me a new perspective and is amazing. It especially hit home for me since my great grandfather had lung cancer and my brother had cancer, too (my brother just had skin cancer because he decided to be rebellious at the beach when he was a teenager and got sun burnt, so he's fine). But, the book that really changed my life was the Lightning Thief, or the whole Percy Jackson series really, because those are the books that really got me into reading.
- Have you ever lined up or was extra early at a book release or author event? Not really. An author came to one of my schools once because one of the grades was reading that book and I was doing the press for the newspaper. I had bought a book to be signed and after the author's presentation everyone was confused on where they were supposed to go, so me and my friend were first in line to get our books signed. When we left no one else was in line either and I felt really bad for this author.
- Have you ever seen the cover for a book and just impulsively bought it without even reading the blurb or anything about the book? No. I don't really have the money to just buy books whenever I want. I wish I could, but I can't. So I have to be really informed about a book to buy it or have read the books leading up to it if it's in a series or something.
- What is you most anticipated release of 2015? I have no idea what is coming out in 2015, in all honesty. Probably the Young Elites by Marie Lu, Cassandra Clare's new book, or the third book in the 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey.
- Do you set yourself goals for how many books you want to read over a certain period of time? Nope. I just really read how many ever I want, which can be a bad thing because I procrastinate, but I usually have a goal of 50 for the whole year and I might come close to that this year, but I have been in the worst reading slumps all year.
- You're in the middle of a forest and there are three doors with one female person behind each one. The first one is Katniss Everdeen, the second is June Iparis, and the third is your favorite female heroine of all time... who is it? Why? I hate favorite questions because it is so hard to pick! Um... I'm going to go with one people probably haven't heard a lot about, Deuce of the Razorland trilogy. She is pretty kick butt and has a lovely relationship with her family. I'm not quite sure about her leadership abilities, though. And, side note, this question reminded me of the Nightmare Before Christmas with all of the doors in a forest. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
- Movies or Books?? Choose one!!! BOOKS!!! Forever and always.
- Are you the type of person who would be scared to see your favorite book on the screen or are you the type who would be excited for your favorite book to be on the big screen. Excited, definitely. I always give the film makers a little slack for adaptations because they are going to have a lot of people comparing it to the book, when it is a separate work and doesn't have to go word for word. Though, I do love extremely accurate book to movie adaptations.
- Completely random and non book related- Have you any pets? I do! I have a pet turtle, actually! His name is Kobe after Kobe Bryant from the Lakers.
11 Facts About Me:
- I am unhealthily obsessed with Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, and Disney. I know that's a weird combination, but I can't help loving them all!
- I have the weirdest hats. I must be collecting weird hats because I got a sock monkey hat one year for Christmas because I asked for it. I got a turkey hat (it's basically like a stuffed toy turkey that I'm able to put upon my head) from my mom because she thought I needed one for Thanksgiving. I have an elf hat and Santa hat for Christmas. I also have a fedora, aka the most normal hat ever.
- I go to church. Not every Sunday because I don't always have a car available because my family shares, but I do go as much as I can. I love the book series the Restoration by Terri Blackstock. They are great post apocalyptic (sort of) books for everyone, even if you are not a Christian. The romance is so sweet, too. And if you are interested in things about other religions or if your friend is a Christian or something and you don't quite get what they are trying to tell you, these are great fiction reads to learn more about that religion.
- I have never had Nutella. My mom is allergic to hazel nuts, so we can't have it in my house, so I've never tried it.
- I live in Virginia! I used to live in Illinois. Not Chicago. It seems like everyone thinks Illinois is only Chicago, and it's not. It's Chicago and then boring below it. I lived in the boring below Chicago. Where the tornadoes happened. I moved out to Virginia a few years ago and love it to pieces. It's got beaches, mountains, farmlands, and cities. It's got everything!
- I am studying in Education. I would love to become an English teacher, but my ultimate goal is to become an author.
- I have never said one curse word. I mentioned how I am a Christian, but that is actually not the reason why. The reason is because I find it unnecessary and it makes a lot of people seem less intelligent than they actually are because they don't use them correctly. Don't get me wrong, if you are being shot at in the middle of an epic battle between life and death, "Oh, snap," isn't gonna cut it. In that situation, you have the right to make up your own curse words! But, in normal circumstances, it's just not necessary. It doesn't bother me if people start cussing up a storm around me though, unless there are little children are around.
- I don't have a book case. I have two shelves on the wall that are kind of small and I've managed to fit 19 books on those and the rest are hanging out in an otherwise empty drawer of my dresser.
- I want to go to VidCon, BEA, and ComiCon so bad! I want to go to BEA all of the days, but I can't because I'm not a "professional reviewer" or "industry professional". I am not taking a trip up to New York City and stay in a fancy hotel for one day.
- My favorite show is the Walking Dead. It's just awesome and I know people have their problems with it and it's not the best thing ever, but it's pretty freaking amazing. A lot of people watch it just for the zombies, but that's not what it's about. The show is about the people. In the comic books, Rick says that the survivors are the walking dead, not the walkers.
- I apparently sleep walk and talk in my sleep and that scares me to death. My sister and all of her kids (she has a lot) came to visit and were staying in my room, so I was sleeping in my parent's room, which needless to say was cramped. My mom couldn't sleep one night and the next day when she was telling me about it, she said, "I must have kept you awake to, you got up a couple of times." I had no idea what she was talking about and I literally almost cried. I keep trying to think of ways to keep my from sleep walking. I have two sets of stairs in my house and I don't want to fall down them or something crazy.
Bloggers I Nominate:
I don't know 11 bloggers to nominate, but I will try my best and I might add some later today.
- What do you think the weirdest thing about your country or another country is? Ex. do you think their food portions are too big or the public bathrooms are weird.
- If you could make any book character come to life and marry that character, who would it be?
- What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation? What is your least favorite?
- What are the biggest and shortest books you have ever read?
- If you could go anywhere, regardless of cost, where would you go? Can be real of fictional.
- BOOM! A zombie apocalypse happens and you can only pick one book character to help you survive. Who do you chose?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What do you think about giveaways?
- Where do you love to go visit? Ex. an amusement park, the beach, etc.
- Do you have a HUGE book case or a small one?
- (Probably the easiest question out of all of these), what is your favorite color?
There you have it! Coming up with the facts and questions was hard, but I am so happy I got nominated and thank you, again, Sarah. You are my favorite human!