Saturday, September 27, 2014

New Series! Spotlight Saturday #1!

I come to you with a new series! I just got the idea and decided to do it! Basically, Spotlight Saturday is thing where most Saturdays I will push one of my favorite books into the spotlight so that you all can read it and enjoy it and talk to me about so that I am not alone and that I might not have done a review of because I haven't read it recently. I hinted to one of my Goodreads friends, Alma from Diary of a Book Lover (it was a terrible hint and she probably didn't know that it was indeed, a hint. I'm bad at hints) that was going to start this and what book it was going to begin with! So, let's get this thing started!

THE FIRST SPOTLIGHT SATURDAY IS................................................................











THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN
(Throws confetti in celebration)

I LOVE THIS BOOK WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN! The characters are amazing, my #1 book crush is the love interest in this book, so that says something. I love super powers which is a big part of this book and it's so dark and wonderful and funny (I know the words "dark" and "funny" don't belong in the same sentence, but they are so deal with it). Just go read it NOW!!!

On her tenth birthday, Ruby wakes up with terrifying powers, much like other kids around the country, that know one understands. The only problem is, she is one of the dangerous ones. Now, six years later, Ruby escapes from a "rehabilitation" camp that holds kids like hers to keep the rest of the population safe from their dangerous abilities. Ruby escapes to help the Children's League, a group banded together to assist children in this new and terrifying world, but isn't exactly what they seem. But when Ruby meets Liam, Chubs, and Suzume, escapees from their own camp, her plans change. 

DOESN'T"T THAT SOUND EXCITING!!! READ IT NOW!!!


So that was the very first Spotlight Saturday. I hope you enjoyed it and if you want to do one on your own, feel free, but please link my blog or just this post to give me credit! You are all so amazing! Have a wonderful rest of your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.