Basically, this a laid back version of NaNoWriMo for book bloggers. Brittany has created "prompts" for each day of November discussing various different things around book and blogger or both.
There is no word count requirement and no daily writing requirement. All you have to do is post on the day things should be posted. Now here's the schedule according to Brittany.
- 11/1- History of Your Blog
- Tell us how you got started! When did you start your blog? Why? What have been some of your trials and tribulations? How many pigs did you have to sacrifice to get people to see your Facebook posts?
- 11/2- How You Read
- Paperback? Hardcover? E-Reader? Smartphone? Bookmarks, note taking in the margins, or highlighting? Tell us some of your reading rituals!
- 11/3- Where You Read
- Pretty self-explanatory. Bonus for a picture!
- 11/4- Why You Blog
- Again, pretty self-explanatory.
- 11/5- Where You Blog
- Bonus for picture
- 11/6- #TBT- Favorite Childhood Book
- What were some of your favorite books way back when? This could be a read from before you could read, or what you spent by the pool with in high school.
- 11/7- #FlashbackFriday- Blog's First Design
- This one's fun! Oh, how blogs evolve! GO to WayBackMachine.com, enter your blog's URL and take a screenshot of what you used to look like.
- 11/8- Your Blogging Tool Kit
- We could all blog smarter! Share some of the best tools in your blogging arsenal.
- 11/9- Your Blogging Workflow
- Lifters can take their #gymflow and shove it! Share your blogging process and rituals using #blogflow.
- 11/10- Memes Your Meme
- Do you #ThrowbackThursday or indulge in #ManCandyMonday? Share some of your favorite meme posts from your blog or social media pages.
- 11/11- #Top10Tuesday- Most Popular Posts
- Head on over to Google Analytic or wherever your stats are located and find the 10 most popular posts on your blog. Link to them, talk about the, tell us about why we should love them.
- 11/12- Advice for Newbie Bloggers
- Be Yoda. Share your secrets. Do or do not, there is no try.
- 11/13- Your Review Process
- Do you write your review the second you finish the book? Months later? Take notes as you read?
- 11/14- Your Rating System
- A lot of blogs have ratings policies or systems. Some don't, but they really do. What makes you decide how many stars to give?
- 11/15- Favorite Book Blogging Things
- Feel free to talk about the wonderful host of BookBlogWriMo and how much you love her
- 11/16- Least Favorite Book Blogging Things
- Yeah, sometimes blogging is a pain in the ass. Tell us why.
- 11/17- Favorite Book Tropes
- Friends with benefits? Manic pixie dream girl? What cliche-type things do you never get sick of?
- 11/18- Favorite Sub-genres
- 11/19- #WaitingOnWednesday- TBR Books
- Name some books on your TBR shelf and why you're looking forward to reading them.
- 11/20- #TBT- Best Books of 2014
- Do a top 10, top 20, or even a top 100 list of books you've enjoyed this year.
- 11/21- #FlashbackFriday- Your First Reviews
- Link up to some of your first reviews. Feel free to get reflective.
- Take a picture of your bookshelves, whether they're physical or Kindle folders. It's always fun seeing how people organize their books!
- 11/23-Book Boyfriend Criteria
- What do you look for in a book boyfriend? Build your dream man. Book boyfriend examples and pictures of hot guys are encouraged.
- 11/24- Reading Cave Fantasies
- You know those awesome reading nooks on BuzzFeed and Pinterest? Describe what yours would look like
- 11/25- How You Deal with Book Hangovers
- Pig out? Take a nap? How do you deal?
- 11/26 Cheating on Books: TV & Movies
- What are your favorite ways to cheat on books?
- 11/27- Authors You're Thankful For
- Who's sitting at your dream Thanksgiving table?
- 11/28- Book Pet Peeves
- What plot lines or stereotypes make you cringe or DNF?
- 11/29- The Future of Your Blog
- Where do you think you're going? Get in touch with your inner Miss Cleo.
- 11/30- #BookBlogWriMo Wrap Up
- Tell us what you thought of this "challenge!" It will be helpful in future planning. It's also another change to give your BookBlogWriMo posts some extra inbound links, and show some love to posts from other participants.
Once the month of November is over, I will be linking all of the #BookBlogWriMo posts on this one as well as having individual posts. I can't wait to start drafting some of these! Please join in on the fun because it is going to be a blast.
I also have a very important announcement. Since I am participating in a Mini NaNoWriMo as well as #BookBlogWriMo, there will not be any reviews, tags, or Top Ten Tuesdays until November is over. November is still going to have two posts daily (unless I forget, which we all knows that happens, but I will try not to!). So, don't worry that there won't be any posts, there will be. I just won't be posting the usual things. Thank you for understanding!