Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas Review

Crown of Midnight
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Page Count: 420
Publishing Information: August 27th, 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for. (Summary Provided by Goodreads).


I loved this book so so much. Everything the first book was missing, this one made up for. I got to see more of the characters I wanted to see (except for Nox, I want him to show up again). And it kind of hit me emotionally as well. I got so invested in the characters so much so that when they were happy, I was happy, and when terrible things happened, I wanted to cry. 

Also, the sort of love triangle in this book is masterly crafted. One moment I want Celaena and Chaol to be together and then the next I want Celaena and Dorian to be together. I just can't choose which is a wondrous and terrifying thing. 

I loved the plot in this book, it was great and left me guessing at every turn and trying to figure out the mystery too. Don't get me wrong, there were some things I had issues with, mainly the rash actions of the characters and irrational feelings of the characters, but that was overshadowed by all the awesome. 

Overall, just read it. Read Throne of Glass first of course, and then read this one. I need Heir of Fire right now, but I have to wait until I get money or until Christmas. Whichever comes first. 

Star Rating: 4.99

If you read like to read a spoilery review and start a discussion, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.