Monday, October 20, 2014

Mini NaNoWriMo 2014

NEWS!!! I will be participating in NaNoWriMo this year... sort of. Since I am still in school, I think it will be difficult to fully enjoy the NaNoWriMo experience, so I have come up with a plan, for various reasons.
  • I have already started a draft and I need to finish that before I start any other projects
  • I have too much work to do, especially with the holiday season and the elite program I'm in at school
  • I don't want to de-prioritize my school work for writing, even though both are equally important
  • This will be my first year kind of participating and I don't want to stress myself out
My plan, I think, is simple and very convenient for me. For future references, I'm going to be calling it Mini NaNoWriMo. Here is my plan.
  • I will continue writing my draft with a goal of adding an extra 30,000 words to what I have October 31st, 11:59 pm
  • I will write whenever I can, but it is not a I MUST WIN sort of thing
  • I will be rewarding myself... WITH THE WONDERS OF FOOD! Whenever I hit my word goal for the day, I will reward myself with either candy or desert of some sort
I will also be doing a few things for you guys, too!
  • I will be posting updates every other day on my progress so you guys know what I'm doing
  • I will be posting a little excerpt from my draft for your reading pleasure and most likely your critiques so I know how to make it more awesome
  • And, if you all want to keep me updated on how you are doing during NaNoWriMo, I can have a "Subscriber Spotlight" where I can give the premise of your novel, how you are doing, and, if you say it's okay, I will post an excerpt of your novel as well. So, please let me know if that interests you.
I will not have a NaNoWriMo account on the website because I feel like there isn't a point since I'm kind of not participating although I am. So, everything for my NaNoWriMo experience will be on this blog. 

If you would like to become my writing buddy, it will happen through email and if any of you would like to join me for Mini NaNoWriMo, please put in the comments that you would like to along with your name or your blog name, or both if you want to get really crazy! If any NaNoWriMo veterans have any advice, please leave that in the comments as well! Thank you and happy reading (and writing : D)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.