Friday, November 14, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo 11/14- Your Rating System

My rating system is pretty simple I would like to think. I rate on a 1 to 5 star scale with decimals because I don't think just a normal 3 or whatever is enough to really signify love for a book in one number. I rate books on an individual scale. I don't compare books when I rate them. Each book is it own thing and shouldn't be compared to something else, even if it's by similarities. I'm not going to compare a picture book to the Darkest Minds to rate it. That's just illogical to me. I rate books simply on my enjoyment of them as well as the writing, plot, character development, and whether I liked the characters or not.

If I love everything about the books and it is simply amazing, I will give it 5 stars, but that rarely happens. I don't believe anything is perfect, including literature. But, if I want to give it 5 stars, I'll give it a 4.99, because it is as close to perfect as it can be.

I very rarely give a book 1 star, because if I don't finish a book, I don't rate it because I feel like I shouldn't because I didn't read enough of the book to form a solid opinion. If I really just hated the book, I usually give it 2 stars because I try to find the redeemable quality.

I think that's it on my review policy. I'll have another post up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.