Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mini NaNoWriMo 2014 Update #1

Hello! Mini NaNoWriMo starts today! I kind of started Mini NaNoWriMo because I have school all throughout November, so I don't want to commit to 50,000 words and then be let down when I don't reach my goal. So, my goal is 30,000 words, but really, I just want to write as many words as I can and I can add to a story that I've all ready started. So, to start of Mini NaNoWriMo, I will give you some information on my novel!

Current Word Count: 4,528

Current Number of Chapters: 2

Page Count: 16

Premise: There's zombies and people with super powers. I know it sounds weird, and it is. An illness happened, it killed some people, turning them into zombies, it gave some of the survivors super powers, and there are some survivors who were not affected at all.

Excerpt: "I crawl on to the mattress and sigh.  Though the mattress feels like cardboard and I never would have been able to fall asleep on something like this before, I welcome the familiarity of a life that I would give anything to have back.  A life of safety and family and no weird former humans around every corner waiting to tear me apart limb by limb.  A nice, soft, warm, bed. I think of that life and the life I have now as sleep drags me into a dreamy abyss and I finally let the tears fall.  I've lost that life and I know that I will never get it back.  I've lost so many people that will never come back. I’m alone now.  All alone."

And no, I do not have a title yet, because I can't think of one and it's driving me crazy. I just can't think of one good enough. I kicked of this Mini NaNoWriMo with two pieces of left over Halloween candy, so I'm ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.