Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thrift Books

I just got a book from Thrift Books and I have a few things I would like to say about it. The book is in relatively good condition, just a little ware on the spine, which is to be expected. But... it's an old library book. I don't know why, but the bar code and spine label that's still on the book is kind of weird for me to look at and for some reason, it just bothers me. I used to work at a library and we would have never sold our books to a used books company. We had to discard the books by taking off the bar codes on the books and using a sharpie to color out the name of the library. I don't know what happened to the books after that, I was never part of the process. I don't know. I guess my venture over to Thrift Books was successful, I paid less than $5 to get the book and have it shipped from the other side of the country. I wouldn't recommend using only Thrift Books ever, but if you are looking for a cheap book, especially for class like I was, I recommend it.

Oh, and I don't know if it's international. So, if you live outside of the United States, I do not know if Thrift Books is available to you.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I've never heard of Thrift Books before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are super cheap but I would personally would only use it to get books for school. I like my personal books to be on perfect condition.

      Delete

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.