Welcome to Day 5 of the read-a-thon and I hope your reading is doing awesome. Today, our host is Once Upon a Time over at Once Upon A Time A Review, so if you are interested in entering in today's game, click on the link and and comment your name and URL.
Today our game is Movie Marathon. What you have to do is list your top 5 books that you think would make awesome movies and why. (How weird... we're asking you to make a top 5 list on day 5...hmm...)
It is so hard for me to create a list of books I want turned into movies because sometimes I feel like movies do not do the books justice, so I'm doing television shows too because I can!
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michele Hodkin would make an awesome television show because, if the writers are really talented, then they can leave every episode on a cliffhanger to make the audience come back. And the first season could end where that thing with Noah and Joseph happens (if you've read the book you know what I'm talking about) or the end of the actual book which would be a great season finale for any television show.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, I think, would translate fantastically through film or television and I tend to lead towards film on this one because there are some things that could be taken out and I would totally fine with and I would be okay if some things were altered a bit and I think the action would make a really good film. I also think that there isn't too much to explain, so that would be fine in a movie. But, this book would do just fine as a television show as well.
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Yes I know that this is already a movie, but it's not a good movie. It needs redone to be more true to the book. It was like the writers just decided to use the same names and basic basic premise and then write a whole new story. I think (and this is not popular opinion) that the movie by itself is okay, but as a book to movie adaptation, it is utterly horrible. It needs to be remade by different people.
- The Restoration Series by Terri Blackstock. This is a sort of a post-apocalyptic series about an EMP crippling America who knows where else. This series does deal with religion, so I think it would be a great movie to make people think. I also think that the action/events would create a very suspenseful movie. This series would also make a great television show.
- Enclave by Ann Aguirre would make an excellent movie or television show because of the weird society and the captivating characters would really draw an audience in. The world is just so interesting and I think it would be great to see it come to life.
That all for today and remember, if you would like to enter, click on the link to Once Upon A Time's blog and type your name and the link to your post of video in the comments of her post.