Thursday, March 5, 2015

February 2015 Book Haul

First thing, I forgot to mention a book that I got last month for a class. In English, we are reading Romeo and Juliet out of our textbooks and I wanted my own version, so I got one! I got the Folger Shakespeare Library version because it's got a lot of footnotes, so it helps when I'm trying to understand what is going on. I got this copy from Thrift Books and it said it was in Good condition and I did not realize until a few days ago that a few pages were torn out of Act 5.



I only got one book in February, so I'm incredibly proud of myself. This book is actually for a class. I got Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. I got his book from Thrift Books as well and it seems to be in better shape than Romeo and Juliet, but what I received does not have the same cover as the book I thought I was getting because the picture was different. And this picture looked like it would be a cool cover, so I'm a little upset about that. 


Those are the books I have purchased recently. Please let me know your thoughts on any of the classics up above. I thoroughly enjoyed Romeo and Juliet and I am interested in what you all have to say and I would love to know if any of you liked the Invisible Man. I have not started reading it yet, but I'm looking forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.