Thursday, March 5, 2015

Have I Fallen Out of Love?

You probably have all noticed that there's been a lack of posts since 2015 began. I don't know what happened. I just did not post for reasons that I feel like I need to explain. I have been thinking nonstop about my blogging life for the past few weeks, feeling bad for not posting and a thought occurred to me... have I fallen out of love with book blogging?

I would love to scream no from the mountaintops and tell the masses that I will jump head first back into blogging and get back at it. The only problem is...I can't. I have determined that I have not fallen out of love, blogging and I have just hit a rough patch in our relationship.

There are few reasons why I have not been posting and I thought you all deserved to know why I've been so absent.

The first one is that I have not had the motivation to post. I have not thought to myself, "I feel like blogging." And I feel like I should have thought that. I should be driven to blog and become the best blogger I can. And I do want to be the best I can, I just haven't felt like it. Does that make sense? To me, it doesn't and I feel like I'm being an idiot and I just need to start blogging again and stop being lazy.

The second being I have no idea what to post. Lately, I haven't been reading as much as I would like to, so reviews are out of the question. (And honestly, I find it boring to write reviews unless I have opinions on the book that I think are very important. Sometimes, I feel like there are enough opinions on books out there that no one will pay attention to mine). Of course there are the monthly wrap ups and hauls to do, but what do I do in between? When I get tagged or nominated, I always do those posts, but what if no one tags or nominates me? There'll be nothing to post.

And third, life gets in the way of things sometimes. Commitments to my family, friends, and school work take the forefront. Things happen that I am in no control over and I have to deal with it, which means pushing the things that I love to do to the side.

When I started blogging, I did not want it to become a chore. I made this blog to make friends and tell my opinions and to have fun. Unfortunately, it has become a chore for me and I put pressure on myself to keep blogging. I feel like if I don't, I'll upset people. Then I think, "Jayne, you're being stupid, you don't have that much of an impact on people's lives."

But I am not going to stop blogging. I legitimately want to keep blogging. When I read other blogs or talk to my blogging friends and people who comment, it makes me happy and I love posting things that are fun (much different from these). I want to keep blogging, so I'm going to.

My comeback may take a while to come as I find things I want to post about and as I pull myself out of the metaphorical coma I have been in lately. Please help me out by telling me things you would like to see posts about in the comments below! Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. I tagged you for a tag!! Follow the link to find out more :) http://yabookaholic123.blogspot.ie/2015/05/tbr-unread-books-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.