Sunday, January 4, 2015

Seven Deadly Sins Tag

I was tagged forever ago by Athena at InToTheMindOfTheReader and recently by Sarah at YA Bookaholic. So, I thought I should do it!

1. Greed- What is your most expensive and inexpensive books?

My most expensive book was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I don't know why it was so expensive. It was like, $30. Yes, I got the hardcover, but it wasn't special edition of anything. It was unreasonably expensive. And I still bought it.


I've gotten a lot of eBooks for free, but one of my favorite ones that I got for free was Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout.


2. Wrath- What is an author that you have a love hate relationship with?

Not really hate, exactly, but I guess Rick Riordan because I read Percy Jackson and loved it, thought Heroes of Olympus was okay (I actually haven't finished the series, but believe me, I want to), and I couldn't even get through book one in The Kane Chronicles. I still love Rick Riordan, but sometimes I just loose the motivation to finish.


3. Gluttony- What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame?

Hands down, The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I reread that book constantly. But, I think I have reread The 5th Wave by Rick Riordan the same amount of times.


4. Sloth- What book have you neglected due to laziness?

I haven't really neglected books because I was too lazy to read them, mostly because I don't have it. I guess I could say I'm too lazy to pay my fine at the library so that I could check out new books.

5. Pride- What book do you talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?

I've never really read a classic or something considered the height of literary perfection because I simply don't care if I sound like an intellectual reader. If I want to sound like one, I'm sure I could think really deeply about a book I've read and make myself sound really smart, but I don't want to do that, so...

6. Lust- What attributes do you like to see in male or female characters?

For male characters, just to be super sweet, protective (but not overly, just enough to show that he cares), and to have a sense of humor. I hate male characters that are overly macho because they just take the lead without taking the opinions of the female characters and I don't like that.

I can't stand books where the main female protagonist is weak and just lets the men do whatever. It's annoying because I like to connect with characters and I can't do that if she isn't just a tad bit stubborn and doesn't stand up for herself.

7. Envy- What book would you like to receive as a gift?

I would really love to get The Darkest Minds in hardcover since I have the paperback and it's all torn up from overuse by myself and my friends who borrowed it. I would also like to get a new Never Fade hardcover because, a while ago, I dropped it down the stairs and there was just a little crack on the spine. No big deal, still readable. Then I let a friend borrow it after she read the first book. The crack got a little worse, but it was fine and same when another friend borrowed it. Then, It's the End of 2014 Day 2 happened. The challenge that day was to make a rainbow out of your books. Not really too hard, right? So I was pulling books off of my shelves and I was putting a couple books in the rainbow and I see out of the corner of my eye, to my terror, books falling off of the shelves and crashing to the floor. And that's why the spine of Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken is completely destroyed and I would like a new one. (And if you are interesting in see a picture, I tweeted about it, so go see it @booking_awesome and follow me if you would like)



That's the tag! I am going to tag Charlotte from Bookmarks and Blogging and you! If you haven't done the tag feel free to do it and say I tagged you! And give me the link to it in the comments so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name. Any comments made as Anonymous will be deleted.